Wednesday, December 23, 2009

New Author Tracker!

Another Author Tracker was sent out yesterday. You can read it below:

AuthorTracker :: Erin Hunter

Hi everyone,

The holidays are almost here, which means only one thing: 2009 is nearly over, and it's time to say goodbye to our Year of Facts. Thanks for putting up with me on my voyage of discovery through trivia. For the last fact of the year, I thought I'd give you a chance to guess what I found out. Just for fun, no prizes (seeing as I'll be giving you the answer later on). You can just feel unbearably smug if you get it right.

The following are types of what: hexagonal plate, capped column, stellar plate, neddle, spatial dendrite?

Answer at the bottom!

It's been a pretty good year to be one of the Erins: fabulous and FUN tour in April, watching Seekers get a firm pawhold on the bestseller lists, having my suspicions confirmed that Bluestar's Prophecy could be the best Warriors book ever. As always, it's been a pleasure and a privilege to work alongside Kate, Cherith, and Tui and see the storylines come to life in ways I barely dreamed of. For us, the best Christmas gift has to be the response to the first book of Omen of the Stars, The Fourth Apprentice. You have no idea how relieved we are when you like the beginning of a new series! Oh, and for those of you who are still wondering, the Twolegs camped near the beavers' dam are indeed wildlife scientists who recently re-introduced beavers to the area and have stayed on to record their progress. It's hard to convey that kind of detail when cats wouldn't have words for photographic equipment or laptops, so Canny Purrs to those of you who figured it out!

If you're positively aching for a new book before the end of the year, Power of Three Book Five: Long Shadows comes out in paperback on December 22nd. Perfect for very last minute gifts, or an extra treat for yourself under the tree.

For those looking to escape from festive mayhem for a moment or two (I know I need to take refuge from the jollity for a couple of hours every day), don't forget to bookmark the Warriors and Seekers Fanatic Challenge on the Official Message Boards. The Challenge Host is still posting a weekly trivial question about feral cats or wandering bears, and the first ten fans to reply directly to the posted question with the correct answer will receive an exclusive Avatar upgrade. For official rules, visit The Warriors and Seekers Fanatic Challenge forum post.

We'll be back in the New Year with an exclusive Seekers podcast from Cherith, a sneak peek at Seekers Book Four: The Last Wilderness, and the first details of the Spring Tour. See you then, and Happy Holidays!

With love and good wishes

Erin x

P.S. They are all structures of snowflake! How cool (literally) is that? :-)



-Sorrelpaw
Regular updates will be back after the Holidays, Merry Christmas to all!

10 comments:

♣Delaney/Dolor♣ said...

Oh yeah, I remember something like that, the Warriors and Seekers Fanatic Challenge

kennedy said...

http://warriorsbrambleclaw.blogspot.com/

A hunting and fighting contest on my blog! Enter! Look at the post for more information! The contest starts tomorrow!

Oceanwing said...

Ok so I am an avid follower of Warriors, even though none of my friends read it anymore :( seriously! I mean it is just like we get into middle school and suddenly it isnt cool anymore?????? anyways, my rant is done, now I HAVE THEORIES!!!!!!

Ok so first I think that there will be a tigerXdove relationship possibly? tiger... i cant remember the last part of his name... but Tawnypelt's kit... anyways, but really... that is getting kinda old from charecters having two clan relationships... but TigerXDove??? Possibly... Or maybe a LionXDove? No wait... they are kin and they know it... hmm... that wouldnt work... but maybe LionXIce, or LionXCinder... or... I want to say LionXPoppy-- wait... duh she has kits... and for side charecters FoxXRose would be soooo cute!!!

Oceanwing said...

Ok so I know I JUST posted theories but... I just thought... I hope there isn't a TigerXDove, the whole two clan thing is getting soooooo old! I mean there was BlueXOak, GrayXSilver, and LeafXCrow... did I forget anyone? Then the whole Medicine cat mate thing????? Sooooo boring now! I mean there was LeafXCrow, and YellowXBroken... did I forget anything? And SpottedXFire probably would have been one except that Spottedleaf died! GRRR!!!! What is with all the forbidden love??? You know these books are just too tangled with love... and will Leopardstar just die already?????? I want Mistyfoot to become leader, and for her to choose... maybe Petalfur to be deputy? Oh and another forbidden love!!!!!! TigerXSasha!!!!!! GRRR!!! These get sooo old after a while! And... what was with Purdy moving in to Thunderclan???? Maybe he will be an important aspect later on? Hmmm....

Okay I have to rant for a COUPLE moments. Okay so you know how One-eye was the oldest cat in the clan, then Dappletail???? WELL IT ISN'T TRUE!!!!! Speckletail was WAY older than both of them, because she was a warrior when Bluestar was born, then she lived past Bluestar's lifetime????? That is one OLD cat... we don't even know if she is dead yet!?!?!?!?!? Okay rant is over...

I am done now...

Jayfeather said...

wow. I think thats cool. I can't wait for the second book in omen of the stars.

Spottedshadow said...

Hi Sorrelpaw. I am new and have just made my account. I am a big fan of your blog. I think its AMAZING, and I have been and read everything you have written as well as all the comments. I also have a few theories about the next book of Omen of the Stars which I will post later. Okay, that's all I wanted to say. I'll talk to you later.
Happy blogging!

A said...

Welcome to Blogger Spottedbreath010! And I agree, Sorrelpaw definitly has the most popular blog in these parts! Hey, I'm looking for new members for my clan Leafclan. If you want to join, the url is www.goldenstreamsleafclan.blogspot.com (sorry bout advertising Sorrelpaw!)


~Goldenstream~

Rainmask said...

wow I cant wait for fading echoes.... That all i wanted to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Do you think Hollyleaf is in the dark forest? I'm under the impression that starclan is grieving for her, so it says in the fourth apprentice prolouge. and to Cloudmist, you missed grayXsilver, the first one ever. lionXheather,too,though it didn't work out... I was hoping it'd work out.

★ Sylvine Srevlis ★ said...

Just a quick reminder, the Gathering is tonight!

The Warrior Gathering

~~Silverstar